The weight loss market is one of the biggest industries in the world, and there are tons of good weight loss resources on the internet. However, a lot of the information that you find on the topic is simply not true, and many weight loss methods are not backed by science.
5 Weight Loss Tips - Based on Science
This article will help you sort through the bad weight loss advice and solely focus on evidence-based methods. Here are five scientifically proven ways to lose weight in a fast and healthy way.
1. Get Quality Sleep
People in the western world live an increasingly stressful and active lifestyle, and the time Americans spend sleeping has steadily decreased over the years. Lack of sleep does not only strain your immune system but poor sleep quality is also linked to metabolic disorders and weight gain.
Studies show that poor sleep is one of the leading causes of obesity, with an 89% increased risk of obesity in children and 55% in adults.
Insomnia and having problems falling asleep is also common in the western world, and some people can't fall asleep no matter how hard they try. Here are a few simple ways to increase the chances of getting your encouraged 7-8 hours of sleep:
- Stick to a sleeping schedule. By going to bed and waking up at the same time every day, your body's sleep cycle adapts and will reinforce your sleep pattern when it is time to go to bed.
- Create a restful environment. Teach your body that your bedroom is for sleeping only. Don't use your bedroom as a home office when working from home, and only lay down in your bed when it is time to sleep. Keep your room quiet, dark and at a good temperature.
- Put your phone away. Studies show that the blue light from your phone affects your circadian rhythm, and will trick your brain into thinking it's still daytime. This will reduce the release of melatonin, the body's natural sleep hormone that helps you relax and get into a deep sleep.
2. Stay Hydrated
Drinking a proper amount of water comes with a ton of health benefits, and can help improve brain function, relieve constipation and prevent kidney stones. Staying hydrated does not only improve your general health, but it can also help you lose weight. Here is how:
- Hunger suppressing. Drinking water between meals will make you feel full longer, which will stop you from eating unhealthy snacks to curb the hunger. One study showed that middle-aged and older adults consumed fewer calories when increasing their water consumption, and 44% of the participants lost more weight, compared to the group that did not consume enough water.
- You burn more calories. Studies show that drinking water will increase your resting energy expenditure, which increases the number of calories you burn.
- Natural cleanse to remove waste. When the body is dehydrated, it cannot effectively remove waste as urine or feces. If the body does not get enough water, waste builds up and you will feel bloated, swollen, and tired. The water you drink will filter toxins and waste while the organs pick up the essential nutrients and electrolytes. Staying hydrated will help the body retain waste which will ultimately benefit you in your weight loss journey.
CDC recommends that you drink 8 glasses of water (about 2 liters) per day, but your recommended water intake varies depending on age, sex, and pregnancy status.
3. Make Exercising a Part of Your Day
High-quality sleep and a healthy diet are key ingredients in your weight loss journey, and a lot of people argue that your diet contributes 90% of whether or not you will lose weight. However, exercise is also an important cornerstone in losing weight fast and maintaining your goal weight. You will burn more calories through exercise, and it is also linked to other health benefits, such as:
- Improved mood and happiness
- Stronger bones
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases
- Lower blood pressure
- Decreased risk of type 2 diabetes
It can be tough to start working out after a longer lay-off, and it can sometimes feel overwhelming. If that is the case we recommend that you start small, by incorporating 20-30 minutes of daily exercise. There are tons of fun aerobic exercises that will burn calories and help you reach your goal weight, including:
- Power walking
- Group fitness classes
Again, it might be tough to start, but once you get into a routine of being active you will feel the difference in energy and mood, and your daily exercise routine will come naturally!
4. Reduce Sugar Intake
Sugar being bad for you might not come as a surprise, but the reality is that Americans eat 13-22 teaspoons of sugar each day, which is 12-16% of our daily calorie intake. The recommendation from Dietary Guidelines for Americans (DCA) is to get less than 10% of your daily calories from added sugar, and the recommendation from the World Health Organization (WHO) is to get less than 5%.
Added sugar does not only make you gain weight, it has also been shown to increase the risk of obesity, heart disease, cancer, tooth decay and type 2 diabetes.
It is easier said than done to avoid all sugar throughout the day, but it will get easier if you have healthy snacks at home in case your sugar levels drop and you feel like you need to eat something. Here are a few healthier snacks to eat when your sugar craving sneaks up on you:
- Low-fat yogurt and blueberries
- Sliced apples with peanut butter
- Homemade fruit and vegetable smoothies
5. Incorporate Extrim Shape into Your Wellness Routine
Dieting can be tough, and it can be challenging to keep your cravings away during moments of weakness. One way to stop your cravings is to incorporate LifePharm's supplement, Extrim Shape, into your diet. Extrim Shape is a supplement with a series of weight loss benefits, and one of them is to help curb your cravings.
Extrim Shape contains a Block Blend with White Kidney Bean Extract, Chitosan and Gymnema Sylvestre. The White Kidney Bean Extract blocks sugars and carbohydrates before they turn into fat while curbing hunger. The fat blocker Chitosan binds to fat in the digestive tract before absorption, while Gymnema Sylvestre lowers blood sugar and insulin levels, eliminates sugar cravings, and helps speed up weight loss.
The health of our cells can also affect our weight, and as we age, our cells can become damaged and less efficient. Extrim Shape can solve this problem by activating cellular regeneration in our body first. Extrim also:
- Blocks unwanted carbs and sugar from being absorbed
- Burns fat
- Boost natural energy
- Increase metabolism
- Supress hunger
Studies have shown significant decreases in weight, body mass index, waist circumference and fat tissue thickness when consuming 1200-1600 calorie diets and taking kidney bean extract regularly. Read more about the product on our website and start your journey today!